Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a stated value to put on my 1969 camaro for insurance. Anybody got a ball park?

1969 Cortz Siver X-11 car,
non numbers matching engin & tranny
1969 corvette 350 with a 1974 chevy turbo 350
solid body, light rust on floor pans and trunk floor
console no gages, no tach
orginal SS hood, rear end
Non RS
Straight body panels with minimal dents and rock chips.
non correct deluxe interior door panels (car is a standard interior)

Any help would be greatly apprechated.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
5-8K more coverage is cheap in the grand scheme of things.

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
I out mine at almost double what I paid for it, and I haven't even driven it yet. Once it gets on the road I will probably bump it up about 10k. At the point and time I do a full resto on it, I will insure it for at least 10k more than it is worth at the time.

They aren't making these things anymore
They're getting harder to find
The price keeps going up
The cost to insure it for an additional 10k is barely more than the smaller number

I think my insurance for my SS costs me about $270 a year. If I went down 10k in coverage I think it would only save me about $50.00. Look into classic car insurance like Hagerty, etc... If you're not putting huge miles on it every year it's the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Blk69, $7k is too low for a real SS, even without the original motor & transmission. As noted, sounds like a $25k car in it's current operating, unrestored condition. Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
955 Posts
My wife's 69 SS does not have the original engine but does have the original 4 speed and 12 bolt. The paint isn't the original color either. Of course, there is not a spot of rust on the car. The best thing to do is have the car appraised. Her car appraised at $38,000.00 That's what we insured it for.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, maybe I need to have it apprased. It sounds like it is worth more then I thought. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
You can have it appraised or just compare the CONDITION, orginality and options of your car to those that are currently for sale (pm me, if you need a list of sites). All of the classic car insurance companies that I deal with insure based on "agreed value", so if you think it will take $25k to replace your car, then insure it for $25k. If you think $20, $30k, etc., then insure it for that amount. Now if you intend for it to be your daily driver or plan on driving it to work, then you likely won't qualify for collector car insurance and you will need to talk to your agent to determine how best to insure it for "replacement value". Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Real vs. unreal effects insurance value, but not as much as you might think. Other than the initial cost of the car, it takes the same to restore an original as to restore a clone. Mine is not a real Yenko, but I have is insured for $55. It comes due in June, and I will probably bump it a little. The insurance company balked a little at first, but when they saw the pics it was not a problem. I started at $25 before it was completed, and bumped it every year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts