Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 350 SS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having an issue on the drivers side door panel with the power window switch. The board on the back side of the door upholstery has gotten old and brittle and no longer holds the bracket that holds the 4-switch in place. Every time I push in the switches, it pushes the backet off into the door cavity. I am thinking about some way to reinforce the edges of the board so the bracket is more stable. Anyone else had this issue? Open to suggestions!

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
I’m having an issue on the drivers side door panel with the power window switch. The board on the back side of the door upholstery has gotten old and brittle and no longer holds the bracket that holds the 4-switch in place. Every time I push in the switches, it pushes the backet off into the door cavity. I am thinking about some way to reinforce the edges of the board so the bracket is more stable. Anyone else had this issue? Open to suggestions!
I epoxied a piece of sheet steel to the back of a door panel with a similar issue.

Don

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You could buy a pair of new standard PUI door panels for $79 from NPD and then assemble them with the metal top of your old panel or just do what Don suggested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts