Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've now been waiting for a set of basic 14 x 7 steel wheels from The Parts Place for about 2 months now. Last time I called, they told me they "had no idea" when they'd be getting them in stock. For some reason, I find this kind of ridiculous--they can't ask the supplier what's going on?

In any event, it looks like I should start looking at other options. They really were the only place I found that sold them. Does anyone know where else I might be able to find the correct Camaro steel wheels?

If I'm not being clear on what I want, think of a COPO with dog dish hubcaps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Wheels Vintique can fix you up. They're not cheap, but I'll bet The Parts Place wasn't either.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon, I'm not finding them on the Wheels Vintique site. Parts Place has them for $99 per rim/wheel.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I had a friend that bought a pair from Wheels Vintique. He called them and told them what he was looking for, and they made them up for him.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My shop is on the same street as Wheel Vintiques. Let me know if you need help with anything you can't find on the internet. I might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They made them? Holy smokes. Do you remember how much they cost him? Seems like a pricey endeavor.

Thanks Gabriel, I will do that.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
As I recall, he had around $300 in a set of four including shipping. The Summit deal sounds like the quick and dirty solution to your original question. :yes:

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh wow. Thanks guys. If these are correct, I should go with them. Quite a big savings.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i am not 100% sure that they are "perfect" copies of the xt. The spacing may be a little different between the centers where they attach. VERY close though, no one would likely be able to tell unless you had side by side. Talk to vintuques as they have several models in 14x7 steel.
Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts