Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- My 1969 has what I assume to be the original flat, bar-style linkage from the peddle. No cable. The bar comes up the back of the block peeks about an inch over the base of the rear manifold by the oil pressure port. When the pedal is not depressed, the bar rests on the back edge of the manny. The bar is oriented flat side pointing at the doors and has a single hole in it.

I have done an engine swap and find that the linkage side of my carb is higher than stock by a few inches and a little wider too. The elongated "s" rod that connected the pedal linkage bar to my old Rochester isn't aligned any longer and cannot be used. If I wanted to use it, would seem I need to jog out/go higher with the point where it connected to the pedal linkage flat bar to get a smooth, in-line transfer of motion.

I've heard you just have to "fab something up" to address as each engine is different but what are your experiences? Any parts kits you know of (and part number if you got it) that contain bits of linkage that can be purposed for this?

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terrific Blog! I usually try to scan threads on topics but never tried the blogs. This looks awesome. I'll print it all out and read it at lunch. Thanks Dennis.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts