Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By any chance, does anyone know the exact manufacturers or the spec on the (Code 727) bright white interior seat material used in 1969 Camaros?

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I'm more interested in possibly finding out the manufacturer's color spec than Chevy's designation. I'm having my Trans Am donor seats recovered in white and I want the white to match the door cards as closely as possible. I can't bring the car with me because I'm gonna already have my GLA packed with the two bucket seats with frames. My other alternative is to bring some swatches home from the shop and compare them to the interior.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm guessing that you have to match some existing parts to the new upholstered seats. The pattern is Madrid vinyl, I'd probably check if there are some upholstery suppliers near you. They might not sell direct but I'm sure if you wanted to check dye-lots I can't imagine that would be an issue.
Another option is to visit a nearby car upholstery shop and see if they can help.
Lastly you could give these guys a call and ask for a few of the white samples to see if they might work out.
Simon

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
My TMI covers match my Distinctive door panels. The seats look lighter In the picture because of all the black around them.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
If that helps at all.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Reactions: 57vette

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My TMI covers match my Distinctive door panels. The seats look lighter In the picture because of all the black around them. View attachment 281179 If that helps at all. View attachment 281178
Keith... that looks great... I do have a question though. Your door jamb welting is black, mine is white. Which was correct? I really prefer the black bc at that "joint" the white gets beat up pretty bad by the door LOL. The upholstery shop owner and I have picked out a couple of samples which look like pretty close matches. The material is called Enduratex and his supplier is ThreeRiversSupply.com although he has some other suppliers as well. If I decide to re-do the door panels, it's not gonna make much difference.

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Window

I'm hoping that we can find some matching white perforated material because I want to do the "inserts" front and rear in perforated pleats if possible. Pontiac originally offered the Trans Am seats in white and there are aftermarket covers for the bottoms but not the tops and the aftermarket tops all had logos embroidered in them. The factory white seats looked like this:

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Thats pretty much what he's gonna try to do, but we may skip the perforation if we can't get the matching material. I decided that rather than white saddle stitching which will turn grey I'm going with a powder blue for a little accent. Something like this below, but as James explained to me we can fool with the bobbin color which shows in the actual needle hole (I'm learning some stuff LOL).

Rectangle Table Sleeve Wood Art

I worked up an illustration in photoshop to give him some direction on the rear seat, this is what our reference is.

Couch Furniture Product Comfort Rectangle

He's using the original 69 seat bottom frame and back frame, and will use the drawing and the front seats as a guide. The inserts will have pleats just like the fronts, hoping that seven (7) works out. He's going to build up the seats in general where needed and also build up the front bolster so its a tiny bit higher than the sides and center... trying to compliment the front buckets. Once this is all done, we will look at the door panels as a down the road project. I'm seriously thinking picking up some not so nice standard or DeLuxe door panels and and customizing those. The simplest solution would be to remove the chrome trim on my panels, recover them with pleats inside the chrome trim. He said it would be no problem to recover a set of deluxe door panels since he sometimes modifies modern car door panels to include shaped speaker panels.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Looks really good. The windlace is supposed to be white. I short cut it and just went black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts