Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my dad and I are restoring his Camaro. When he got it in Dec 1968, it came with the flat hood and an air induction system that came from the firewall. Like all the kids back then, this was ripped out and replaced with the Cowl system. Two things: 1) has anyone heard of this air induction system, if so, whats it called? 2) is there a specialty store where we can buy one?

I'd like to experience driving the car as if it rolled off the lot in 68, thats why I'm hunting for this.

Thanks!

Nick from MN

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Nick I have never seen this set up installed on a 69, but I have on a 68 and I know it was supposed to be available on 67. I see no reason why it would not have been available on a 69 prior to late December when the ZL2 hoods were offered.

Here is a company that is selling a reproduction of the system known as the cowl plenum air cleaner.

http://webpages.charter.net/nelsonrudisill/nkrproducts/index.htm

I know nothing about this company other than someone else posted it here in the past. If youare really, really lucky used ones can still be found occasionally but will bring a lot of $$$. The reproduction one is just under $1K. Make sure the one you buy is for a Camaro, as Chevelles and other full sized Chevrolets had them as options and there are slight differences. Also the crossram Camaro had one as an option as well, but it's obvious how different that one looks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful. Thats exactly what I was looking for (both the name of the intake and a place to buy it). You guys sure know your stuff.

Funny how this set up is so expensive. I'll let you know if we get one and post some pics of it completed.

Thanks again.

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts