Team Camaro Tech banner

1969 Z28 Exhaust Manifold

13K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  98blackburb 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a 1969 Z28 that has numbers matching engine and tranny. One item that seems not to be correct is RH Exhaust manifold which is 3943826. Any idea what this came off of and where I can find a 3946826?

#3 ·
It sure looks like a "3". I will try to figure out how to post a picture as the one I have is imbedded in an appraisal report. Was there a part number 3943826 that was used on other models? If not, guess it has to be a "6".

The appraiser read it as a "3".

#4 ·
That 3 might actually be a 3. I bought a pair of reproduction ex manifolds a few years ago and they had one of the digits in the casting numbers wrong, but I don't remember which number it was that was wrong.

#9 ·
Sure does look like a repop manifold. Who did the appraisal and didnt catch that?

#11 ·
Thanks for the Ebay lead. I bought that one. Now, where can I get it blasted to look like the one that is on the car.

P.S. The appraiser did catch this. It is about the only thing on the car that is not correct, that is why I'm surprised. I was hoping maybe the "6" had been dinged or something making it look like a "3" but even after a few beers, I just can't see anything but a "3".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.