Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a few helpful options on my x33
69 Z28 camaro. I know the location for the trunk light and the under dash courtesy lights. I have a 1969 Camaro assy manual, but what it says and what I see may not work to install a hood light with a cowl induction hood. If any one can give me an exact location as to where the hood light should be mounted (if it was an option on the Z28)I would sure appreciate the help! Thanks for all answers up front!
John M. Lighthart
Charleston, SC
<[email protected]>

·
Registered
235 Posts
John, When I bought my '69 Z28 it had the trunk light but not the hood light. I also looked in my assembly manual to find the correct location. It wasn't real clear where to mount it, so I just put it as near where it belonged as I could. I've takened it to a couple of shows and no one said anything about where it's mounted. Have you mounted the kick panel lights yet? Donnie...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Don't know the exact location, but small block cars tend to be on the left side, big blocks on the right. this allows you to read the oil dipstick at night, guess it makes sense.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SY1:
Don't know the exact location, but small block cars tend to be on the left side, big blocks on the right. this allows you to read the oil dipstick at night, guess it makes sense.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donnie,
I haven't purchased the harness assy yet, but I do have the light brackets and have inspected the areas where they will mount.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I have one on an original cowl hood. I'll take a measurement when I get home.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts