Team Camaro Tech banner

1969 z28

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mcmlxix 
#1 ·
Ive read a million different things and needing a correct answer. 1969 z28 all stock suspension. Im wanting to get a set of BOSS 338 wheels for my car and wanting to run 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear on NITTO NT555. I dont know what BS or size tires and looking for some insight. Do not wanna mini tube or roll any fenders. Will it work? Or is there another similar setup that would work? Thanks for any help. My Father give me the car gonna have it painted next winter or so and wanting to get it back up to par

#3 ·
We just talked about this on another thread here on camaros.net so you can do a search to pull it up. There is a chart there that lays out the "general sizes" for a 69 and it's 17 x 8 with 4.75" BS on the front and 17 x 9.5 with 5.5" BS on the rear. Tires are 235/45 17's front and 255/40 17's on the rear. That's the ideal size although with coil overs, spacers and different lowering blocks, etc., you can likely make the size mentioned work for you. I wanted a little more sidewall in the rear, so I actually ordered 45's (awaiting delivery next week). Do a search here and on YouTube for pictures of guys running the size wheels/tires you want to see how it will look, although watch out of rubbing on the inside of the rear tires and possibly some up front at full turn when you go with the larger sets.

ps: Welcome to Team Camaro!

ps: Nice car you have there. Got any pictures?

#4 ·
thanks man. Yea ive been trying to do some research but its so hit and miss and i dont wanna make a $700 mistake lol can someone post me a link to the other thread cause im unable to find anything other than gallery. ive had 3 wheel distributors tell me a boss 338 18x9.5 will not work on the rear of my car unless i roll fenders?

#6 ·
I know it is your car but I think those wheels on it look great. I would take off those spinners, and put a normal center on them. It sits just about perfect now. Dad was good to you!

#7 ·
Yes it sits great! Plan to eventually paint put back white stripes and kinda refresh. Cars having some trans issues right now also. I just wanted to mix it up some ive got the factory wheels for it also. Dad give me and my little brother a 69 and the white 70 Z's. We enjoy em ALOT! And of course being a kid they was awesome cars. Me and my little brother use to ride in back saying "burn rubber dad" lol and hes still rides on cruises and stuff when its pretty weather. :D

#9 ·
Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like fathom green. If you are painting the stripes get them to paint the grille the correct argent silver. It really makes a difference on the Zs

#10 ·
Yes fathom green your right. And I'll definitely look into that. Im hoping to repaint and all this winter.

Just go to the top of the Wheel & Tire forum, the 1st sticky thread has the info you want... As for the 9.5" wide wheel w/5.5" bs (+6 offset) you shouldn't have to roll or trim the fender lip if you don't have rear disc brakes and stick with a 255 tire.
Ok thanks man. dads got a 18x8 boss with a 235 I believe and im gonna bolt it on rear and see how much room ive got left. I just really like the boss 338 and wishing I could do the 9.5 in rear. Everyone I call says it wont work though... I just love the 18x8 and 18x9.5 combo even if I stick with a skinnier tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.