Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice 69 Yenko Camaro Clone (Daytona Yellow) which I would like to add the air induction to. The car has a 69 427 engine with a Dart highrise intake manifold and a holly carb. I do have the steel hood which looks like it will accept this setup. Does anyone know what I would need to do to accomplish this. Do I need to change the intake or anything else? In the Ground Up catalog, the entire cowl induction setup is only $319. Thanks, Al Barlow - Thomaston, Maine

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Are you saying you already have a cowl hood, and want to add the cowl induction air cleaner?

If so, I can give you the height of the new air cleaner from the carb seal to the top of the hood seal rubber (uncompressed) It's 1-1/16" from carb to top of air cleaner lip, and 2" for the rubber seal. That's a total of 3-1/16". The rubber can be compressed about 1-1/4".
Bottom line....the underside of the hood to the carb seal should be between 3-1/16" and 1-15/16"

If it is greater than 3-1/16, you can use the small block extension ring, and cut it to whatever you need.
If it is less than 1-15/16", find a drop air cleaner base that will work, or try to modify the stock cleaner to fit. Failing that, you would have to change the intake.

Just a caution....even a stock 163 intake may be a problem, if you do not have the correct motor mount towers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts