Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how rare this car really is. It has the dz302 4 speed trans.and posi rearend all numbers matching.It also has a rubber bumper. The paint is factory silver and the interior is the factory interior and is in great condition. It also still has the original exhaust with the resinators.127000 miles on the car. If anyone knows about it or how to find out I would appreciate the info.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think it all depends on each persons definition of "rare". Compared to a 69 ZL1 or COPO 427 car it's not very rare. But compared to a "base" car it's fairly rare. 20302 Z/28's were built out of 243,085 Camaros in 1969. Of that 20302 an unknown percentage were R/S optioned cars. The R/S option added to a Z/28, SS car or COPO car makes it more rare in terms of numbers of cars with the options combined. I would say your car is rarer than most 69 Camaros,some on this sight will disagree with me(there has been some good discussions on this subject in the past)
Cary

------------------
69 Z/28 R/S : Daytona Yellow, Blk Vinyl Top, X33, DZ302, M21, 4.10 Posi, Blk Deluxe interior, 8k tach, console and guages, wood wheel and dash, ZL2 ducted hood, endura bumper.

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 12-04-2000).]

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I would estimate that they probably made 3000-5000 RS/Z28's in 69. Not real rare like the COPO, ZL1, JL8. But, a real 69 RS/Z28 is very desireable especially being original like that. It sounds like a great car, but give us some more details.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replys.This is my first time on this site and i think it is excellent.The vin is 124379L507141.What other numbers should I post?The tach is 8K.It does have the console with gauges.

·
Registered
222 Posts
stretrdr - Post the numbers of the cowl tag that is on the firewall behind the brake master cylinder and booster.

Thanks

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

'85 Z/28, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
stretrdr,

I noticed you are from G.G. Have you ever been to the Saturday morning car show in Huntington Beach on Magnolia and Adams? It's a free show lot's of quality cars. You have to get there early @6AM before the lot fills up, most cars are gone by 10AM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmmm...Huntingdon Beach, eh. I wonder how many tankfuls that'd be in my car? 454 w/4.10's. Coming from Mira Mesa(just inland of La Jolla). My company www.covad.com is located in Huntingdon Beach, maybe I could find an excuse to come up there one weekend and expense it! hehehe Sounds like a plan to me!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Mike,

That's some expense account you must have.
There aren't that many Camaros at the show sure would be nice to see more. Anyway the show or hot rod get together happens every Saturday morning starting @6AM, there are about 150 cars all years makes models. It's fairly close to Classic Industries so you could go there afterwards and pick up something you need for your 68.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
You missed the paint code. I assume it's either 69-69 or 69-B or ......
Everything looks fine with those #'s, but they don't tell us a whole lot, just that it is a V8 LA car with std black interior.
What's the #'s on the engine pad, stamped on the side of the trans and stamped on the rear axle? See the 'Decoding' section of www.camaros.org for a great sketch of the axle location and info on the trans location.

Those #'s will tell us much more.

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
McCorry,

You have a car in your Van Nuys registry that is 2 cars after his VIN (507143), looks like you better add this one to your registry.

Mike

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Got it!

------------------
Steve McCorry - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> www.mindspring.com/~mccorry (updated 11/7/00)

[This message has been edited by mccorry (edited 12-06-2000).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow this is awsome. I appreciate all of these responses. I have been to the donut shop and would love to go back on December 30th. I will look for the other numbers and thank you for the site that shows where to locate them. By the way it is a 7K tach.Oh 2nd by the way to the guy with the 427 4.10 down SanDiego way you might want to trailer that car up to the donut shop. I think we should invade the donut shop with cameros . What do you all think ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts