Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an approximately 1" high by 3" long yellow label with the three letter broadcast code for the engine in black letters that is affixed to the back (facing the firewall) of the passenger side valve cover. I've seen plenty of the 1969 style two letter labels... Anyone out there have an original or knowledge of the 1970-72 labels? I'd really like to get some photos and/or examples of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Stan Falenski

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You may already know this, but there is a second generation site similar to this one at:

http//:www.nastyz28.com

They may have more info over there.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 8/13/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information!

No, I was not aware of that site, but I'll certainly check it out and see if they can help on this one. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Stan Falenski

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion. A reproduction would be something to start with, but to be honest, I'm actually doing this more for research than anything else and I'd certainly like to get my hands on the real thing (or at least a photo of the real thing).

As I mentioned previously, the 1969 labels seem to have used a better adhesive because I've seen a lot of these - the 1970-72 labels are another matter. I've seen two (one on a 1970 big block Chevelle, the other on a 1971 small block Corvette) and I would like to add a few more to my data base.

Again, thanks for your interest and response!

Regards,

Stan Falenski

·
Registered
246 Posts
I figurte you already know this, but just for clarity:

The three letter codes are used from 1970 on. They correspond with the engine's application for chassis, transmission, horsepower rating and other factors for the intended useage. The tags you mention are for easy indent of the engine for chassis installation at the factory.

Two letter codes were previous to 1970, stopping at the end of 1969.

This info is easier to read on the big tag than looking at the punched on code on the engine ID pad at the front of the block.

Chevrolet by the Numbers gives the application by code.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
I may have an original one on the back of a 350 valve cover that was removed from a 72 Impala. I will check if you are interested in that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts