Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone clarify why these brackets were placed here..?
The car was said to have rear stabilizer..which it didnt, so I think it was removed..?? If so.. to me it was not a not a correct mount setup..??
The brackets look relatively newish, and placed next to I think are the original muffler mounting point.. Im not 100% sure..??
Look at the photos but ignore the black conduit running through them... thats just an Air line feeding rear shocks I fed through the bracket holes to keep neat ok. The U-bolts pics are in the boot floor/brackets underneath. Anyone seen this same setup before..??
cheers to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ihave an early 70 ss and mine has none of that underneath. They look too small a bracket for a sway bar plus the sway bar has a half moon peice with two bolts for the bushings and bar. There is also something else you should notice.if you look at your floor pan under the rear seats the pan is raised up over an inch and about the length of a turbo muffler but wider side to side .i believe but i am no engineer this was originaly done to fit two mufflers under there,then they decided to go transverse muffler.i have dynomax super turbos under mine and they tuck up there nicely . I believe 70 and real early 71are the only ones with this floor pan as many 71 and later have the newer floor pan . I think they used up all they had and then put the second design on. I was the third owner in 3 years i,ve had it since oct 73, mine is a really stripped ss. No roof rails no power steering it has it now firebird w/ s box,4 spd 3;73 posi no wood grain dash but full gauges and cheap interior. At the time i was looking at another chevelle the only reason i bought it was because i looked at the balancer and it was a thick one and it had a holley carb aluminum intake and cast factory aluminum valve covers , come to find out later it was a 350/350 horse period corect but not numbers matching .hope this helps alex

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats interesting.... If thats the case I wonder why the upper muffler was removed..? two flowmasters underneath...

thnx Alex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts