Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the proper nuts to install the tail light buckets on a 1970 camaro. I had to replace the entire piece of sheet metal that is between the rear quarter panels and below the trunk lid on my 70. The studs that stick out inside the trunk for the tail light buckets to mount to are not threaded. I am finding it impossible to find the proper sized MB stamped nut to properly fasten these tail light buckets. Any suggestion where I can find these? It requires 4 for each buck so I need 8. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Try the GoodGuys swap meet area next weekend in Pleasanton. Lots of hardware stuff out there...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Checkout company and web site..................

www.AMKproducts.com

They have more original type fasteners than ANYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the paper catalog to browse through, but you can also download and look on line.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheap and easy fix,

Go to Lowes or Home Depot, they should have them in the nut and bolt section.
I found them at the local Lowes store here, they were in the drawers that they keep the small specialty fasteners, they are sold in singles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checkout company and web site..................

www.AMKproducts.com

They have more original type fasteners than ANYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the paper catalog to browse through, but you can also download and look on line.

Wow! No kidding! They have a ton of stuff and they will definitely be a great resource for me going forward dude. Thanks! Unfortunately, they don't sell tail light bezel nuts for a 70 camaro. bummer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

so, this is what they look like. I found this in the factory assembly manual. I went to home depot, lowes and OSH and they don't have them. The website listed above also doesn't have them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts