Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to purchase a 70 ss, 4 speed. The motor is not original and the entire car is in need of a full resto. For you second gen. lovers out there, what is the going price for these cars. My experience has been limited to the early years, so I'm out of touch. Seller is asking 3500, but I think thats a little high. I was thinking more about 2500, but if you can help me out I would appreciate it. thank in advance...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dino,
If you could put together 10 potential new owners, you would probably get 10 different opinions on what the car is worth. As the old saying goes, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
The good news is you are only $1,000.00 apart. If you are serious about buying the car and the owner is serious about selling it, you can probably make a deal somewhere in the middle.
Good luck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it's a true big block car, with a 12 bolt and a Muncie in working condition...little or no rust, B- or better body, and 90+% complete (trim etc), it's worth much more than $3500. Jump on it!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dino never mentioned it was a big Block or not......I can tell you ealier this year I bought a 80,000 mile Survivor 70 R/S SS L-48 350/300HP 4spd NO A/C, Cranberry Red, Saddle Std, yadayada......paid $7500 and feel its WORTH IT......but that's just my on example...BTW I'm still looking for a 1970 SS-396 L-78 375HP......and I buy all NOS original and excellent used parts...Chuck Sharin/Seattle

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well come to find out it's NOT a SS because it has a 10 bolt rear. The guy still said he wouldn't budge on the price even though he knows its not a real SS. Some kid or his parents will buy it and have fun with it. thanks anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
go to nadaguides.com for current market values, they are a good source for antique and classic values. sounds like you cant get hurt for the money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts