Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into the possibility of purchasing a 1971 Camaro Z28. I had another classic car, but sold it since I really wanted to get a Z28. I found one that is in fantastic condition, but the engine, transmission, etc. has been extensively modified. These modifications were very professionally done and the car was rotisserie restored. While I understand original would hold it's value better, I wanted to get feedback about the ability of a car that has been modified to hold its value. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Retired
26,658 Posts
You are not giving much to go on... The mod's no matter how nicely done detract from the car being a Z/28 so compare it to other modified cars not other Z/28s...

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
The mod's no matter how nicely done detract from the car being a Z/28 so compare it to other modified cars not other Z/28s...
I agree to a point. Depends on if the original drive line was still with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I stated customized, the body is essentially the same as original. The main modifications were to the engine, transmission and instrument panel. It was rotisserie restored. The following are the specs of the car.

BRUSHED ALUMINUM 6 GAUGE PANEL W/AUTOMETER SPORT COMP GAUGES. MSD IGNITION. EDELBROCK AIR CLEANER. POWER STEERING AND POWER DISC BRAKES. SONY FM/AM/CD PLAYER.

The radiator, alternator and power steering has been replaced with custom replacements. The engine is the same engine that came with Z28's from this time, but is not numbers matching. I have attached a picture of the engine compartment.

I have been told the car is actually a 1972, not a 1971.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts