Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1981 z28 and the wiring harness had caught on fire. I was wondering what years i could use the wiring harness out of or does it have too be the same year because this was the first year for the computer? Thank You Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant believe there isnt somebody out there that has a answer too my ? about the wiring harness.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are you still using the computer? How bad is the harness burnt? (unless the whole car is burnt up, they can usually be repaired) Which harness are we talking about (engine, dash, forward lamp, rear) 79-81's are pretty close. Why not get a new harness? You can always try a auto recycler, they might be able to find a car some where with what you need. As for getting responses, when asking about anything electrical, always give as much info as possible. (clear pics are worth a 1000 words) I seen your post earlier. I usually only respond to posts that I can give a correct answer to (or at least try to). Even if you answered my questions, I still wouldn't really have answer to your original question. Just being honest. I can tell you this, the most common cause of electrical fires is bypassing the safety devices (fuses and fusible links) Fusible links protect the wiring before the fuses. Be sure that they are all in place after the car is repaired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wiring harness was on fire from the firewall out too under the hood. So i imagine it would be the engine harness. I really dont know That is what iam trying too find out. Thanks for any help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts