Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Camaro Berlinetta with a 305-4bbl that was partially destroyed in a fire. The source of the fire was the main engine wiring harness right near the firwall.

I have partially dismantled it to remove the destroyed wiring harness and would like to get it restored into running order again.

My questions

1. Where can I get replacement harnesses for the 87 model.

2. Can I drop in a 350 to replace the 305 and what other things do I need to worry about if I do that.

3. Is there any collectible value in this vehicle that I should be aware of in the context of this restoration. Should I go for complete original, or can I play with additional improvement without affecting the value.

4. Are there any shops in Houston Texas that specialize in this work that are reliable.

Please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
what kind of tranny do you have? if you have a 5speed you cant get too wild with the power as it will cause you some problems. if you have an automatic, at least you can put in a shift kit. the swap would be pretty direct, however your ecu might have a problem or two dealing with the bigger cubes, you should look into that. thats really all i can say, i hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts