Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the water pump, and the radiator core is fairly new, there are no leaks what so ever. I live in Arizona and as it nears summer I need to get the thing to stay cool. BTW i have no thermostat in it now, and can't figure out how to get to it.

·
10,144 Posts
If you are having charging problems, your fan may not be running fast enough.
Any belt slippage?
make shure you have the lower spoiler that deflects air into the radiator.

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
See if you can get a H2O pump with more(I do believe)impellers, so as to move more water thru the system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
also, you may check to see if you need to "burp" your system, seems to always happen to me when I change something in the cooling system, water won't circulate if there is air in the system, take your radiator cap off and start it up, look down into the radiator to see if the level goes down when the thermostat opens up, keep it running until all the hoses and radiator are hot, that way you'll know its circulating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make sure the fans are turning on, if not the motor might be gone or else the fan turn-on temperature switch might be toast. Replace the thermostat. They get stuck closed and are extremely cheap and worthwhile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just put a brand new thermostat in the thing and is is doing a little better but really it just slow the heating process. The fans do come on but not till the guage is almost hitting red. ????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put a brand new thermostat in the thing and is is doing a little better but really it just slow the heating process. The fans do come on but not till the guage is almost hitting red. ????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have put a new thermostat in it, but the fans do come on, just not till the temp guage hits red?!?!!?, bu tonly one comes on.

·
10,144 Posts
Make shure your radiator fins and air conditioning condenser are not clogged with bugs.
Blast it with water from the engine side. Be careful, don't damage the fins. I like to alternate water and air blasts to clean them.
David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts