Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal, I have a problem when you hold the steering wheel it can move up and down and left or right. But when it does this the colunm isn't moving at all. It is the part of the internal shaft that the lock plate is sitting on or the part that the spring that sits behind the lock plate is around on. Does anyone know or has run into this problem with a 3rd generation camaro? I have taken everything out like you would to get to the nortourius 3 hex 's to tighten up the column but i'n this case the column very tight. Thanks for any help that can be given. I have got to get my baby back on the road soon!!!! :yes:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i think there is a bearing up there that can fall out of place.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you got tilt column. those 3 bolts are in there got to take wheel. turn signals and other parts out to get to them if they are tight than you got a bad bearing in the tilt part of the column.i think they are a 30 or 40 torx bit. been awhile may be 5 or 6 millimeter hex. different years different bolts lol.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I believe there are 4 bolts, to access on a tilt column, you will need to pull out the tilt pins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts