Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an 1988 IROC Z28 that has sat for 14 years that I'm going to bring back to life. I need to bring the car out from a parking spot on the side of my house to the street so a flatbed can pick it up. I have a 2500 HD Silverado with two tow points in the front that I will to use to pull it out. My question is where if any are the tow point in the front of the IROC? If there are none, where should I connect too in the front of the IROC to pull it out without damaging it.

Thank you so much for any insight.
-John

·
Registered
'68 396 SS/RS, '97 SS, '02 SS
40 Posts
Use long tow straps and go through the lowest suspension components. It will still put some pressure on the spoiler but shouldn’t be a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use long tow straps and go through the lowest suspension components. It will still put some pressure on the spoiler but shouldn’t be a problem.
Thanks 396. I'll do that and go slow in low for wheel drive. As long as I don't do one of those YouTube pedal to the metal take offs I shouldn't pull the front end off. :)

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Put the strap around the lower control arm. Around the ball joint area should give you the most roof to prevent pulling the spoiler off.

Reactions: jbeaulau

·
Registered
'68 396 SS/RS, '97 SS, '02 SS
40 Posts
That’s it. My son still has his first car, a ‘91 that we pulled the engine out of for a LS swap and we had to pull it and that way a couple of times.
Just be sure to use a couple of 20-25’ slings to keep the sling angle as horizontal as possible and hook onto the truck trailer ball.

Reactions: jbeaulau
1 - 5 of 5 Posts