Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my electric hatch on my 1989 camaro rs works right(unbelieveably) but thepart of the spoiler that is on the hath is crooked. it sits back too far and doesnt aligh. how can i adjust it? underneath the hatch right? anyone ever encounter this problem? can some camaro expert give me some insight?:confused: oh and by the way whats thecorrect speaker sizes for this car?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i removed the spoiler back cover and tried to adjust the spoiler bolts, the metal on the backside of the hatch bolts and even the ones in the gass. it seems that it needs pushed up more still. how hard is it to just take it all off and just check it all aout and see what the problem is? any recommendations?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok here it goes. I assume your speaking of the dredded spoiler when shut sticking out past the other parts. If so I did this repair on several Camaros and it's not that hard reall. first you'll need something the hold up the glass when you remove the struts. Then remove the interior cover. You'll notice several small bolts that hold the rear exterior lid on to the glass, you'll need to remove them. Then take a knife and cut the rubber sealant that holds the cover to the glass. Then match plate should then fall. You'll ne to completely clean all the old rubber sealant off and apply new. I used black window sealant. You'll need to apply a small bead or two on the cover where the glass sits. With the glass and cover pressed together you'll need to put the nuts back on the studs about finger tight and carefully lower the hatch. You will need to then crawl inside or have some one else and tighten the nuts while the other person pushes the cover towards the front of the car. After that leave the struts off for a day or two and reassemble. that should do it. any questions call me. 919-795-2588

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.