Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when you go to start it. you can take the dash apart and unstick it. it seems ok when you turn the key on.But when you go to start it it goes full hot and then some. has three connectors on it. one is 12 volts .one is ground and other is sensor wire. it is not grounded .and oms test ok ???:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after looking at the wiring diagram some more .I see that there is a wire from the Ign-switch that ties in to the sense wire from the sending unit. now I tested that wire at the gauge. when you go to start it ground that wire ? just like gounding the wire to the sending unit ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other update I just cut that wire at the ign-switch and the temp gauge works ? I am running the car now to get it all the way hot..sure like to know what else that wire go to ? I do not have a wiring diagram here of the ign-switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just to let you guys know .I looked at other wiring diagram. the green wire from the ign-switch to the sending unit wire and dash goes no where else. I cut it . and everything works fine. have no idea what that wire is for ???I sure would like to know what it was for ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts