Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Z28 with a 5.7, and about 120k miles, that has been sitting for about 5 years. I removed the gas tank and cleaned it out and replaced the fuel pump, and filter also. the car seems to idle ok but when you open the throttle it hiccups, and plays catchup. also the tach reads about 1300 rpm at idle. it holds about 175 lbs of compression in all cylanders, and all plugs are dry. When i put it in gear and go to accelerate, it hiccups and surges, trying to regulate, and has almost no power what so-ever. i put a timing light on it and at idle its at 5 degrees BTDC, and advances to about 25 with WOT. in the recent past i replaced the ECM and coolant temp sensor. many other sensors have been replaced but its been too long to discount their failure. I am not a mechanic by profession, but i am fairly mechanically enclined and equipped to do so. if theres anyone that can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful. Thanks, Paul :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all those issues and suggettiopns revolve around a non-running, and rich condition. this is the opposite as it is eating up catalytic converters, and plugs are dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts