Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the big right angle rubber hose that hooks to the snout of the throttle body, underside is another big hole about 3"...what the heck is this for? Trying to put one together someone else tore all apart....PS i bought the '93 Camaro factory manual (big$$) and it doesn't show anything besides the path from the airbox. Thanks in advance for any info...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
On the big right angle rubber hose that hooks to the snout of the throttle body, underside is another big hole about 3"...what the heck is this for? Trying to put one together someone else tore all apart....PS i bought the '93 Camaro factory manual (big$$) and it doesn't show anything besides the path from the airbox. Thanks in advance for any info...
If I remember right, there was a long dead ended plastic tube that hooked in there. I replaced mine with a Moroso CAI and was real happy with the results.

·
Super Moderator
32,900 Posts
Plastic tube is a muffler for the incoming air.
A tuned resonance chamber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks or the info! I read an article about MAF sensors and how they can be used to sample most but not ALL airflow by adding a bypass path for filtered air to the input of the throttle body. That was a possibility for the extra hole...Infact the 1993 Camaro factory service manual is ambiguous mentioning MAF in several places but apparently did NOT use one...

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts