Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hows it going I have a 1994 chevy camaro z28 with the lt1 350 and the transmission is slipping in first and overdrive is pretty much not there i was wondering what my next best step is if i should rebuild or replace the whole transmission and if a transmission out of a v6 1994 camaro would work or one of out of a 1995 camaro would work because im not completely sure

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Welcome, Z, to the club.
Unfortunate for you, you must get a V8 trans as V6's have a different bolt pattern.
Maybe a swap at a trans shop would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I had a 94 Z28 with the 4 speed auto. At about 126k miles, after some spirited driving, the trans lost all but first gear. I thought, no big deal, they made a ton of these cars, I'll find another transmission and spend a crappy weekend installing it. ... I quickly learned two things, the 94 Z28 has a one-year only transmission and only the V8 version of the transmission will bolt up to the LT1.
I found my replacement transmission by using a website who's members were made up of junk yards.
If that doesn't work for you, bring it to a transmission shop and get it rebuilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts