Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im having some issues with my camaro's brakes and its progressing.
when im driving and slow down quickly nothing happens it stops as normal.
but when i come to a gentle slow (driving as normal approaching a stop) the pedal feels like the abs is coming on. it kicks back and says low traction and the car kinda lunges forward a little.

anyway ideas of what this may be?

oh btw i was in a wreck in may and the impact was on the LR wheel,visually there isnt a whole lot of damage, mechanically seems to be working, but the car hit me going at least 15 to 20 mph faster than i was ( i was turning off the highway and he wasnt paying attention)
anyway is there any sensors in the wheel area that may have been damaged or anything..

anyway input would be very well appreciated, i want this car safe to drive on a counting i also share it with my mom, and her safety is my concern here.
thank you guys - Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Might be the wheel sensor on the side you were hit on (left rear).

I had a similar thing happen on my 02 Z28 (ABS made brake pedal pulsate and feel stiff and the Low Trac light would come on). I took it to the dealer and they said it was the wheel brake sensor (right rear in my case). Seems it had gotten contaminated some how and it was malfunctioning causing the symptoms you described. They replaced the sensor and it now works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts