Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, working on a new project. Here is my problem: 1995 3.4L automatic recently the idle has been running around 1200-1300 rpms. Pulled the IAC cleaned it off, checked it with the meter. Manual says terminal A to B and C to D should read 40-80 ohms. Both readings are exactly 40. After the car idles for a few minutes, rpm increases to 1500 and SES light comes on. Go to hook up my OBDII code reader and get an error message. I am sure the reader works fine, but this is the first time I have used it on this car. I am getting power to the unit, but it will not read the cars PCM. So, I need help determining if there is something else causing my idle increase and why I can't read codes.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
95's are tough.

Many 1995 GM cars had the ODB2 diagnotsic connector..., but...

These are absolutely ODB ONE cars. I have run into this twice, without success both tims, weren't my cars so, ya know, trying and fialing is OK.

ODB2 did not start until 1996. you need an ODB1 scanner and some sort of adapter cable.

You should be able to search the right pins to short to get the SES light to blink your codes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update on my idle problem. After searching some posts I came across a suggestion to check the vacuum lines to the intake manifold and sure enough, the rubber section between the PCV valve and the hard line had a hole in it. Cut a new piece of 3/8" line, plugged it back in, fired her up and the idle was right around 600. Unfortunately I had already messed around with the idle set screw before I knew what the problem was, so that will have to be bumped back up to make it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts