Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the coolant level sensor and started it up and it ran for about 30 seconds died and when I went to start it back up it started smoking around the master cylinder with a burning wire smell so I immediately turned it off and now it won't start at all. When I turn the key it does nothing at all no crank nothing and the abs relay clicks when I apply the power wire to the battery. And all this started when the drivers window stopped working then both windows and the radio won't work.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I replaced the coolant level sensor and started it up and it ran for about 30 seconds died and when I went to start it back up it started smoking around the master cylinder with a burning wire smell so I immediately turned it off and now it won't start at all. When I turn the key it does nothing at all no crank nothing and the abs relay clicks when I apply the power wire to the battery. And all this started when the drivers window stopped working then both windows and the radio won't work.
If you have burnt wires nobody here is going to be able to do much for you. You need to either isolate each wire with electrical tape or something similar or get a new partial harness. I'd replace the harness if it were me. The engine harness shouldn't have much to do with your radio and windows, so you have some serious gremlins to track down if related somehow.
When I had my 93 Z28, identical in most ways to your 95, I bought the factory service manual. You at least need the wiring diagrams where you're heading.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts