Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its a 3.8l v6 but if you do it right you could most likely push 500hp easy what are some stuff i can do to it to get more hp with out taring the motor apart (as in cam pistons and stuff like that right now). my dad is a old school carb no computer guy like me but i wana know what i can do to this little motor to get some ponies out of it fast and easy and what kind of hp i can get from just the motor (no turbo i don't want to mess with all that)some tip and item suggestions would be nice thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Sell it? You're not getting anywhere near 500hp without spending 15k on a 3.8 and even then you're going FI and and completely custom internals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15k??? that dont even sound right for any motor my friend has a 2.7l Toyota Tacoma and he is pushing 425 to the wheels for 5k

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Nitrous Oxide...

·
Registered
69 Posts
15k??? that dont even sound right for any motor my friend has a 2.7l Toyota Tacoma and he is pushing 425 to the wheels for 5k
Just to put it in perspective, a crate 383 sbc with 425 hp at the crank will likely cost more than 5 k. Getting that kind of HP to the wheels through a 2.7l toyota engine would cost a fortune. Go take that truck out to the track and race a car with a legit 400+ hp engine and you might find he was over estimating by about 250 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts