Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roof will not move up and down and the problem appears to be the Hydraulic Rams. I need any info on this / A routing diagram and what kind of Oil to use.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Bill in the UK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dennis

The pump is working ,what little fluid left is gurgling away inside the Hydraulic Ram on the drivers side and leaving some wet & damp.
GM do a manual for the car but there is no guarantee that it covers the hood. Does anyone know if there is a supplement covering the hood.

Thanks

Bill

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
Ok, chances are it's a hose or fitting and not a ram, the car's too new for me to think one of them went bad... I just had one go last year on my '69 so they just don't go bad that quick. I would say head over to your nearest Chevrolet Dealers parts counter and have the counter guy look the parts up for you. Then you could get an idea of where and how everything is mounted. Are there dealerships on your side of the Atlantic?

If not I'd start doing exploratory surgery. Once you find the leak and repair it I can help by providing more on adding fluid and getting the system functional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts