Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 1996 RS Camaro. The girl I bought it off of did not take care of it. A lot of components have been broken, mostly interior components. So it is more of an annoyance than a major problem.
I wanted to know if the Rally Sport of that year came with a ground effects kit stock. It seems that the car currently has ground effects on the rear bumper, but they are missing on the sides and front bumper leaving only holes and brackets. If this is an aftermarket kit I will not waste my time with it and I’ll tear the rest of it off, fill the holes and remove the brackets. But if it comes stock, I will purchase the kit from GM. Its my first car and my goal is to fix the car until it looks like new, wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
can you take pictures?

im thinking they are probably stock

and good luck getting replacement ground effects, they are about $1300 from the dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have posted the images on this freeweb website http://theblackmaro.webs.com/
I started looking into it and it seems that the RS came back for 1996 and the difference between the RS and the base model was ground effects and a different spoiler. But I want to be positive.
I will start using this website to make b4 and after pictures of all the stuff I need to fix and replace. You'll notice the fog lamps are missing as well. :sad: Annoying.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
its a bit hard to tell, but the back ground effect looks stock, and it also looks like you have the spoiler pieces on

but the RS camaros did come with the ground effects stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help. I check with a GM dealer. The price is going to be painful, most likely. I'll decide what to do from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts