Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My camaro will crank and then like two seconds later it will shut off. At some points when I try to crank it it'll turn over and try to crank but won't do anything so I turn the key back and try it again and it'll start but then shut off again. If I give it gas it will stay on maybe a second more. The only light that comes on in the dash is the check engine light. I have changed the alternator, the battery, the fuel pump, the fuel filter, and I've checked fuses. I was recently told it could be the 02 sensors. Could that be what is causing my car to do this? Opinions please.

·
Super Moderator
32,894 Posts
You might rig in a test light, prefer a LED light, or voltmeter, on place on the ign module power wire to see if it is still getting power from the ign switch.
No light/voltage, adjust ign switch on the top of the column under the dash, maybe.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sounds like a antitheft issue. Is the pellet in your key clean?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I left the car at a friends house last night so I guy could look at it this morning. I got at a call telling me it was fixed. They said it was a wiring problem. Bad wiring. I'm in the way to go pick her up now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts