Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me or know of any videos that would help me in replacing the A/C condenser in 97 camaro. I took it to the shop and they said there's a leak in the condenser and it would cost about 1300. So I went to the junk yard and pulled couple of condensers for 50 bucks and figure ill do it myself. I have no freon in the system so I don't have to worry about vacuuming the ac or anything. And I have previously replace my fuel pump so I Know it won't be hard. But anything would help. Thanks guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, took me about an hour. Couple of hoses on the bottom is a pain to get to but pretty easy swap. Saved about $1200's lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but the closest one to me is in IL and gas alone is gonna cost me more than a $26 -18oz can here at my local tire an parts store. But Thanx anyways

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Ollie's, Trader Joe, and Big Lots have R134 for about $8/can.
Need evacuation for your system before adding freon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, didn't know about evacuation but I already added freon and it seems to be working great. I had no freon for about 4 months and I let the fans run for about an hour before adding freon. Is it too bad if evacuation did not took place. What's the down side to it???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts