Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already googled for answers and took all the suggestions to clean the sensor and break lines and everything but the light stays on. I took it to autozone and aft hook inch up their scanner their employee said it does not throw any codes but I don't think she understood what I was asking for. I think she was looking for check engine light and not the ABS light. Anyways does anyone knows what needs to be replaced. Also does anyone knows if the 97 camaro rs 30th anniversary has the traction control or not. I have an sgs button for the ABS but everything the auto place ask if it has traction control or not I have no idea what to answer.

Thanks guys!m

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Until you have it properly scanned for codes by someone who actually knows what they're doing (not some Auto Zone chick) you're chasing your tail. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got it scanned at the body shop and its the right(passenger side) ABS sensor that needs to be changed. Is it a hard job to do it yourself or pretty simple? I hate messing with brakes, makes me wonder if I put them back right. And I believe the sensor is behind the calipers so I will probably have to remove the drum.

·
Super Moderator
32,900 Posts
Check the electrical connector first, you may need to disconnect and reconnect ensuring the connectors make good contact.
Check to make sure the sensor wheel is under the sensor head.
Sensor should be fairly easy to replace without removing anything except for a lock bolt holding it in place.

Let us know what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Traction Control System (TCS) and Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) are 2 names for the same thing. TCS was used by Pontiac while Chevy called it ASR. It was an option on both Firebirds and Camaros. There could be as many as 3 switches above the radio depending on how many options the car came with. The on-off switch is located above the radio in the middle. The default position is ON but you can turn it off after starting the engine. It can also be disabled. No switch means no ASR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts