Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 'Bird that I am installing the 68-69 style pedal that uses a cable instead of a rod. Will a 67 Camaro bracket fit the 68-69 style that originally came with a plastic mount. My original 67 metal mount doesn't fit the swivel rod. But I noticed that the 67 Camaro metal bracket has a different number that the Firebird. But the Camaro/Firebird share the same bracket for 68-69.

So can I order a 67 Camaro bracket to use on my 67 'Bird ???

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd just like to use the metal bracket instead of a plastic one if t he metal one will work.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
For some reason, my car had the metal bracket on it when I got it (V-8 solid mechanism). It appeared to have never been off, but who knows? I used it because I didn't know any better. It was several years before I knew it was supposed to be plastic. Anyway, it has thin plastic bushings. Maybe you need those.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I'd just like to use the metal bracket instead of a plastic one if t he metal one will work.

You might want to try and see if the cable driven rod will slide into the metal bracket without being too loose or tight. I believe they are both the same size.

I could understand why you would want to use the metal bracket, since the plastic ones are prone to breakage. Also, they are difficult to replace because they are behind the motor.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the Camaro ones are the same size. The metal ones used bushings where the plastic didn't. The stock Firebird pivot rod was shorter than the Camaro. So I ordered a metal one from a 67 Camaro that should work with my cable stle pedal rod. They are the same as the 67 6 cylinder assembly.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I received my mount yesterday. The bushings were a little tight. BUt with minimal "massageing" with a round file I was able to get a nice snug fit. It fits my 68 Firebird accelerator pedal rod just fine. The 67 Firebird used a differennt setup and had a much shorter pivot rod than the cable operated type. Will be nice to have a more reliable throttle linkage to work with once my car is back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts