Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I read through a few threads and this seems like a good forum with lots of knowledgable people.

Recently purchased a 67. She is a black plate CA car with little rust. I'll put some pictures up soon. Originally a plain jane 6cyl, floor shift. 350 GM crate with muncie 4-speed was installed in 2002, seems to run real strong.

I am excited to work on her. I plan to do all the mechanical and replace the interior in the garage and keep her driveable. When that is finished she'll go in for some fresh paint (maybe an SS clone ???) and minor body work at a shop. I am open to suggestions for a good classic car body shop in the San Diego area (north county would be best).

OK, here is the list of repairs I have planned:
-front disk brake with power booster (now has drums, no booster)
-subframe bushing replacment
-rear suspension update (bad wheel hop) and bushing replacement
-add heater core (now has nothing)
-interior: carpets, seat covers (front only), door skins, rear deck
-front suspension update (need to dig around a bit and see what it needs)

If anyone can point me to relevant threads for any of the above that would be great. I am particularly interested in the subframe bushing replacement. I have a factory assembly book and a chiltons repair guide and can't find bolt torques specs, a procedure or even a drawing.

Thanks,
Eric
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Eric, welcome to the best 1st gen Camaro site around. Congratulations on selecting the best model of the 1st gen Camaros as well. Took mine out for a spin the other night - man I love the wing windows! Nothing tops 'em for getting fresh air into the car.

Get used to the 'search' option on this site. It will become your best friend and will prevent you from asking the same question that has been asked a dozen times already. It will also lead you to multiple solutions to the same problem and will help you fix problems you didn't know you had - yet.

Here is a recent post on the subframe mount question, including links to previous responses:

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107816

I am away from home for the weekend, so I don't have access to my Factory Assembly Manual, but I know there's a section in there on the sub-frame bushings, including a cutaway view and the torque specs. If no one else responds first, I will look up the section when I get home tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hello and welcome from another So. Cal member :cool: As Mark suggested....do a search to find all the info you need. The torque specs you are looking for should be in the Assembly Manual. The sub-frame bolts should be about 90 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark and Dave,
Thanks for the input. I looked a little more carefully (literally page by page) through the factory assembly manual and found the body mountings diagram with the torque specs.

Mark,
Thanks for the link to the thread, this had a wealth of information. Should be everything I need to replace the subframe bushings. I will use the search option and research the other repairs/upgrades I have planned.

thanks again!

-Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts