Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Found this site mentioned in a post on CRG's site. Original owner of an original, unrestored '69 Coupe with 86,036 miles. Very low option base coupe with 327/210; PG; P/S; A/C, LeMans Blue, Black std. interior. Mom bought it for me, with the only catch being that she could use it too - no hesitation whatsoever for agreement! My better half & I dated in it, our newborn son came home in it in '74, our 18 year old grandson drove it for the 1st time last summer before heading to boot camp - 4 generations in it. Only gasket on the 327 to be broken is the water pump. Looking forward to being here!

Y'all take care,
Mike.

·
13,741 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Pics are a must of course:beers:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Well Mike glad you found your way to us here at TC. Great back story and LeMans Blue is one of my favs. As already requested fire up some links to your photo storage site or take the opportunity to become a full member so you can upload pics direct to our server.

Brian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, I'm gonna give it a try with some pix. Hope it works.

1st: Original paint spring '98 - you can see why I repainted it. Yes, I really did get to drive it on the track! My better half left her fingerprints in the seat. The only thing that gave me a problem was controlling my right hoof! No choice though, there were motorcycle cops around the track with radar to make sure we didn't get carried away.

2nd: New paint summer '99. Done with lacquer like original. Started collecting trophies right away. The one big one in the middle is from the Tampa Bay Auto Fair in the spring of '99, just 3 days after it came out of the paint shop. For painting, the whole front clip came off; all glass and trim was removed; whole interior was removed; and the whole shell taken down to bare metal. 4 coats of LeMans Blue, 6 clear, all hand rubbed of course. Original sheet metal (ALL of it!) - NO bondo:D

There's very little on it that's not original (paint excepted of course), down to the lug nuts. It was built the 1st week of Nov., '68, at the Norwood plant. I named it "My Addiction", and that's what the front tag says. My better half & I dated in it, and I still have 'em both:beers:

Y'all take care,
Mike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silvrmax04: Yep, speed limit was 50! Liability reasons, no doubt. That part sucked, but at least I got to drive it around, and on, THE Track.

I can appreciate most any car, but the originality of one is what really stands out to me. Especially when ALL of the original documentation is there! As I said previously, there's very little on mine not original. I've changed the outside mirror, battery, & water pump. I don't remember anything else, but since discovering the TC & CRG forums, I need to recheck a few minor things like the rad., voltage reg. & master cylinder for my own peace of mind.

As a curious side note, on the original order form, it shows (handwritten on the form) the following factory installed items being removed and replaced by the dealer: F70 white letter tires; wheel covers; & am/fm radio. Replaced with: std. blackwalls; dog dish hub caps; & am only radio. Mom never told me why, & and I never pressed it. Likely, it was something she cooked up to save a few bucks. I figured, what the heck, I still have the car! In retrospect, it's kinda hard to seriously bitch about it very much. Mom was still a cool chick:D Wish she was still around to see it now.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome from everyone!!

Y'all take care,
Mike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silvrmax04: I didn't name it "My Addiction" for nothin'! About 2 months ago at a local cruise, I turned a guy down flat when he offered to trade me even for a '64 Vette Roadster. This car is, quite literally, one of the family, especially since I raised it from a new born lug nut:D

Glad y'all like it:beers:

Y'all take care,
Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
'Preciate the welcome, Kevin & Jakes 68! Since I rather belatedly discovered this site:beers: earlier this week, I've spent most of my time here reading all I can - better half's a bit PO'd, but she'll get over it:D

Y'all take care,
Mike.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike. Come back to share your knowledge with the group. I am sure you have learned a lot about 69's in your tenure as owner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Howdy all, thanks for the welcome arocars; buenymayor; & Bad67355.

Bad67355: Talk about sweet, back at ya.

arocars: Be more than happy to help any way I can. I *thought* I was somewhat knowledgeable about 'em - that is until I started reading some of the build threads, and general info! DANG!! There's an INCREDIBLE amount of knowledge here:thumbsup:Still reading, too. Can't get enough - 1st Gen RULES!

Y'all take care,
Mike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: 1st post + The nats

Howdy all. I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place - don't see a General forum.

Wondered if any other FLA. folk are going to the Nats in MD?? We're officially booked in the Travelodge in Frederick as of tonight:hurray:! This will be our 1st visit. Any tips?

Won't be taking the car this time:sad: - not enough $$ to rent an enclosed trailer or for the extra gas to tow it this year:mad:. Got the truck to pull it though - '06 Silvo 1500 HD. It's a PITA to be on a fixed income!

Hope to meet some of y'all there:beers:.

Y'all take care,
Mike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts