Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine asked me if I knew where the ID numbers are on a 2 barrel rochester 2G. Easy answer: HellifIknow.....

Can someone help-out here? He wants to get the right rebuild kit for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
Chevy Engine Casting # book says "Rochester Two- barrel and old style "Four Jet" carbs are identifies by decoding a small metal tag attached to the carb body by a screw." Does he have a Tag? Rhat

·
Registered
594 Posts
He's might have a rough time, probably have to take the whole carb in and get some help from behind the counter. Book says that an expert might have to look at the internals for ID. Rhat

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Go to the "oldest" local Boney---,, eh, Recycling yard and find some THAT do have the tags on them AND then use them as cores by just rebuilding them by adding the jets out of the old carb's.

This way you won't have a hassle figuring out what carb. rebuild kits you will need for what you have.

And there are two of the suckers, 2G's, small holes, and 2GC's, big holes, if I recall right???pdq67

·
Registered
212 Posts
Guy's take a look at my homepage. I have pictures of my original carb that Craig Woodruff rebuilt for me atop my 307. It has the tag on it still.

Wacky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts