Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be off topic and isn't camaro related..But it does have to do with a chevy
I was going to order a carpet set for my 55 chevy but am confused about there specs..they have carpet for

2 dr coupe/conv w/bench
2 dr coupe/conv w/buckets
2 dr sedan w/bench
2 dr sedan w/buckets
4 dr coupe/conv w/bench
4 dr coupe/conv w/buckets
4 dr sedan w/bench
4 dr sedan w/bucket

I understand the bench,bucket and 2 dr thing but am confused about the coupe/sedan thing..

I have a 2dr belair with buckets and a hardtop...just not sure what is a sedan vs coupe...You can check out the link in my sig below to see the car..Thanks

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected

http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

[This message has been edited by Badcaiman (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
My opinion is that if you lower your side windows, door & quarter in a two door, and there is an entire opening without post then it's a coupe. The same for a four door. Camaro is a coupe but for example, a 65 Futura comes with and without post versions in a same model year car, being a sedan and a coupe respectively. IMHO
Excuse me for mentioning the "F" word.

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 10-11-2001).]

·
Retired
26,654 Posts
Well your examples don't fit my answer so I guess I'll be learning some from this thread...

I thought all 4 doors and any 2 door with posts (piller between the front and rear side windows) were sedans and then the 2 door with no posts between front and rear side windows were coupes.. I didn't think a ragtop would be a coupe or sedan...

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Badcaiman, your car is a 2 door coupe. I don't exactly know all the technical details, but I agree with DJD. Convertibles are usually the most expensive of the 55-56-57 Chevys, with coupes coming in second and 2 door sedans coming in third. You have a very nice car...who did the paint?

Gambitt

·
Registered
65 Posts
When they refer to 2dr coupe/convertable or 4dr coupe/convertable it means a car with all side windows down, there are no window or door posts, also called a hardtop.

A sedan is the opposite, when all side windows are down there remains a window or door post still there.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are great...The whole sedan/coupe thing had me confused ..I was always under the impression that coupe refered to 2 dr and sedan refered to 4 dr..I wasn't aware of this window/door post thing Thanks..I really appreciate all the help ..

Thanks again

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected

http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts