Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed 2" drop spindles with stock springs, everything is new. does anyone know if this will allow the car to drop down 2" or will it remain the same. Please help thanks...J

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
i dont really understand this question
the spindles you installed are 2" drop spindles, so as the name implies they make the car 2" lower, using the same springs

and you should check the website in david pozzi's signature, it details a lot of info about drop spindes and everything suspension, really a great site

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, I guess I have to wait and see after everything is installed. I am installing a unisteer manual rack and pinion too I hope all will work good togeather thanks again...J

·
Registered
275 Posts
electric camaro ...

I also have 2 inch drop spindle and stock springs. It pushed the tie rod ends WAY into the tires ( look at the Pozzi site, there is a perfect picture of what happens ) and has destroyed the tires after only 500 miles. Car also bottomed out A LOT and tires would rub the inner fenders over dips in road. I went too big on front tire size however ( 245/50-16 )

I plan on taking the spindles out and reworking everything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Chris where did you get your drop spindles?, I got mine from CPP I put my tire on one side and it looks like I have aprox 11/4" from the rim. The tire size is 255 60 15 I hope it stays this way I dont know for sure because the frame is on stands right now, doing a total resto!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not sure where my drop spindles came from. I had a locally know mechanic/restorer helping me with the total build. Which really pi$$'s me off knowing full well a professional mechanic let me car roll out of there knowing what would happen. But what's done is done. But if you've seen the specific picture on Dave Pozzi's site on drop spindles, that is exactly what mine looks like, and the inside sidewalls of both tires look like they were carved out with an ice cream scoop. Been sitting in the garage for 6 months now and I won't drive it till I can get everything fixed.

ANYWAYS :)
Hope this little bit of info helps in whatever you doing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts