Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the radio I can see almost behind the insturment panel from the passenger side and I noticed 2 green wires hanging in open space about 3in. away from the signal flasher. I believe these are for the origional speaker in the top of the dash?

P.S. - The radio I removed was a aftermarket that was connected to the 4 speakers that were installed.

I also noticed that the ground screw right to the left of the radio area was loose so I went to screw it back and I noticed that it acts like it's stuck on something?
I believe this screw also holds the signal flasher bracket in place?

EDIT: I also want to add a little question to this post. Is the fuel gauge (in-dash. no console gauges) susposed to register the fuel level even when the engine is off and key out? Or is it susposed to go off when the key is turned off?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll chime in since no-one else has, not sure of your year, but my 67 registers the fuel level at all times, even with key out... closest 2 green wires I can come up with looking at schmatics, does your high/low beam indicator switch work? I show 18T/14LBL/16LG/20LG from foot switch to harness under dash (once again on 67'). Not sure of ground as mine has aftermarket radio and alarm (previous owner) and mines a bit hacked... :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 1968. Everything else in the dash works, except the heat & A/C controls. That's disconnected at the blower I believe. Is the heat & A/C panel susposed to light up in a 68?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Riccbhard said:
It's a 1968. Everything else in the dash works, except the heat & A/C controls. That's disconnected at the blower I believe. Is the heat & A/C panel susposed to light up in a 68?

Going from memory here....
Yes the heater control lites up I think its a single gray wire with a bulb socket, plugs into pass side of heater control.
radio to speaker should be dark green and blk
hi beam indicater is lt green

1 - 4 of 4 Posts