Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new header (Dynomax) back exhaust system on my 68 camaro 327 (about 350 horse)
I wanted 2.5 inch exhaust, but my local exhaust people told me that the 2.5 inch would scrape, and that 2 inch would be much better, I would like to know if this is true, or if I should maybe go with a 2 inch. Does anybody know what this might sound like?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just put 2 1/2 pipes on my ride, the shop was able to tuck the pipes up close to the floor and the mufflers 14" fit into the hollow under the back seat. I can't see the pipes or mufflers from the side of the car unless i look right under neath it. Tail pipes are good but very little clearance between the rear quarter panel and the spring, we had to play around and adjust it several times. I think your guy is just too busy to do a good job, shop around to find some one who can spend the time and effort to do it right and give the customer what he wants.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I wouldn't go less than 2 1/4. 2 inch is too small. My muffler shop custom bent a 2 1/2 system for my car and I have not had any trouble with it scraping. Is your car lowered?

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/5/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're not deadset on Dynomax, you might want to check out the Flowmaster Force II and American Thunder systems. They have a system for your model year. It's 2.5".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts