Team Camaro Tech banner
181 - 187 of 187 Posts

· Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
We've been working on 2 separate things on the front for a bit. Started mocking up the intake tube and a plate to mount the oil tank on. Stephen helped with the cardboard template work for the plate but let me do the cutting. It's 16 gauge so pretty stiff but I'll still use a bead roller to add some rigidity to it. There's a place near by called 'The Manufactury' that has lots of sheet metal tools to use with a membership so I'll join that for a bit to use their bead roller and break and sheer when needed for some other work. Need to shorten the J leg of the intake about 2 inches to get the filter where I want it in the fender. It will get tig welded together once the pieces are cut and match marked correctly, and a MAF bung will get welded in the straight section too.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

· Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Work in progress, gives an idea of where we are headed though. The oil tank mounting plate will serve as a block off panel for the PS Fender too when finished with seals around the edges, kind of like the OEM AC block off panels to block air from going around the cooling stack

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

181 - 187 of 187 Posts