Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to make my own thread with the pics I have. Anyway, my Camaro was the first car I bought when I was 19 (I'm now 42). A guy in my hometown had it and I remember seeing it around town even when I was pretty young. Those RS headlight doors always caught my attention. I pestered the guy who currently owned it for months always asking him when he was going to sell me his car. Well one day he asked me if I still wanted to buy it, needless to say the deal was done pretty quickly. Car was mine for 2k. I still remember my Dad telling me how stupid I was, he's changed his mind now :yes:. Anyway, 23 years later finally all the major stuff is done and proud to say I did all the work myself :beers:

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Very nice job. :) What is the time frame between the before and after pics?

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Great story, congrats on getting it done! It looks awesome!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice job. :) What is the time frame between the before and after pics?
Unfortunately I didnt take a ton of pics from when I first bought the car. I did a ton of mechanical stuff early on. Engine, tranny entire front end etc. Then I started collecting parts over the years. Had some setbacks, divorce etc. The first pics from my post are only from last year. I did the sheet metal work probably 10 years ago and then it sat in my garage. Last year I was on a mission to get it finished.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Very Nice!! I love the color:beers:

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Unfortunately I didnt take a ton of pics from when I first bought the car. I did a ton of mechanical stuff early on. Engine, tranny entire front end etc. Then I started collecting parts over the years. Had some setbacks, divorce etc. The first pics from my post are only from last year. I did the sheet metal work probably 10 years ago and then it sat in my garage. Last year I was on a mission to get it finished.
Yeah I did all my body work when I first bought it then after my Uncle died - was my go to guy and project buddy - I let the car sit for almost 20 years. Last summer started working on the interior and mechanical again and hope to be back on the road in a few more weeks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I did all my body work when I first bought it then after my Uncle died - was my go to guy and project buddy - I let the car sit for almost 20 years. Last summer started working on the interior and mechanical again and hope to be back on the road in a few more weeks.
Thats great! Stick with it, its pretty awesome to finally be able to drive it after years. The looks and compliments are worth all the effort and work.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
"GREEN" with envy here. :D Looks incredibly nice! Enjoy it!:beers:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts