Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM CONDSIDERING PURCHASING A SET OF WELD RACING ALUMINUM 200 CRAGAR SS WHEELS FOR MY BONE STOCK CAR & SUSPENSION 67 CAMARO;
NOW I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL WORK BEST WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO MY CAR -SUSPENSION!
I WANT THE 15X7" FOR FRONT WITH WHAT B/S ? & WHAT SIZE TIRE TO PREVENT ANY INTERFERENCE WITH FENDER OR CONTROL ARMS!! 225 OR 235/60 ??
FOR THE REAR I WAS THINKING OF 15X7 OR MAYBE 15X8" WITH B/S OF 4 1/2 TO 5 1/2 & A 245 OR 255 /60 TIRE ? I DO WANT ALL OF THE TIRE TO TUCK UP INSIDE WHEEL WELLS & HAVE PROPER CLEARANCE , I AM NOT INTO THE WIDE STANCE LOOK WERE THE TIRES EXTEND OUT TO OR PAST WHEEL LIP !! A REAR VIEW LOOKING BASICALLY STRAIGHT DOWN SIDE FROM BACK WHEEL TO FRONT WHEEL WITH MAYBE A 1" DIFFERNCE MAX!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GUYS-- I DO "NOT" PLAN TO ALTER THE STOCK SUSPENSION IN ANY WAY BY LIFTING THE FRONT OR REAR OF CAR!! I WANT THE STOCK LOOKING STANCE!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
just for my intrust what do the wheels look like do u have any links so i can see them im looking for new wheels thanks

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Ok, so maybe I am a throw back ... although these wheels are very nice, I still like the look of the old fashion shiny chrome Cargar S/S wheels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the quality of the chrome on the old style Cragar wheels perfected now?? up to even 3-4 years ago they were know to peel, flake around the hub area?

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I can't really say for sure. I have never had a problem in the past. My last car, a SS Nova they stayed very nice. But the car never saw any bad weather and was garage kept.
I have seen rough chrome cragars on cars (pitting), but never had a problem myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lookin for a set of the weld 200 cragar ss 15x 7 alumimnum wheels with the 4.25 BS for front & 4.50 BS for the rear! anyone got ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts