Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just obught a 2000 z28 auto, mostly stock besides cold air and exhaust. what type of stuff can i do to make it have more horsepower afforably. im talking about 1000 buck. does anyone recomend nos on a stock engine wet dry?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
im thinking somebody on here has a procharger for sale!! f1

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Lid, ported throttle body, headers & y-pipe, custom tune are the starting points.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
After exhaust, a underdrive crank pulley would be next, then a LS6 intake and ported throttle body. A friend of mine locally has a LS6 intake and a vengeance racing ported throttle body for sale for $450. I would expect a gain of 15-20 RWHP with both. Send me a pm if your interested and I'll give you his info. When I removed my LS1 intake and replaced it with a LS6 I noticed a performance improvement from 3500 rpm to the red line with no loss in the off idle to 3500 range.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
$1000 and under? No question: Nitrous! A dry 100 shot will not require any other changes to a well running engine.

Best bang for the buck though would be a high stall torque converter. I put a 3400 in my 2002 Z28 and it knocked 1/2 second off of my 1/4 mile times.

You'll want to do a tranny cooler (at a minimum) along with a reprogramming kit (you'll want to delete Torque management and retune the car) and maybe a rebuild. I put in heavy duty parts as I race mine at the track all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cam and springs. Buddy of mine did that and ran straight pipes with stock headers on his 02 Z28 6 speed. he made 410 RWHP, however his car is under 30K I believe so you might better rebuild your motor before going for any sort of big power. If your into a dry shot, just get a " high performance minded " head gasket beforehand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts