Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 25K mile 2002 SS with almost all SLP options (installed by the first owner - I'm the second) Among many other things, the car has aftermarket SLP Torsion Bars. The traction is great but one of the poly bushings at the transmission has self destructed. The end result is hard knocking/jerking during every shift (6-speed car). My problem is finding a replacement SLP Torsion Arm Bushing for a 4th gen SS Camaro. I talked to SLP this morning and they have apparently stopped production on these years ago. They were helpful, but referred me to BMR Suspention who then referred me to Energy Suspention, who then referred me to Summit. I'm getting frustrated! This is the front SLP Torsion Bar Bushing that mounts to the 6-speed tranny (or Tranny Cross Member to be more accurate). Do any of you guys know where to find the correct bushing for the 2002 SLP aftermarket Torsion Bars? I've already spent a lot of time on this today! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bigblox

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. This is however the stock Trailing Arm Bushing. Not the SLP Trailing Arm Bushing.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just picked up an 18K mi 02 Z28 parts car with a bunch of SLP parts on it. Can you send me a pic of what you need?
Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Not sure how to post images from my hard drive here. I do have a few pictures of what's left of the bushing I need. Do you have an email address I could send them to?

Thanks,

Grant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts