Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got the call to go look and appraise the damage to one involved in a single car accident hitting the guard rail while in a left hand turn. Two guys, they are okay, no injuries, just stupid?

The pass rocker panel is pushed into middle of the pass floorboard, needs all right side, air bags, and front pass seat, rear axle, RF suspension. Fr & Rr Windshields are good though. Car has 600 miles.

Got the estimate up to $20K, she totalled it. She doesn't want to fix it and be married to it either due to problems arising later in its life.

She did say it was a nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ouch! That has got to be a major bummer to total a brand new car. I suppose the driver was on the gas a little too hard, eh? At least they didn't get injured and had insurance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Man, that hurts! Have her keep her eyes peeled, maybe someone could salvage the drivetrain for some sort of transplant in the future.

·
Super Moderator
33,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked for salvage and she said it going to a scrap yard in Richmond, VA., meaning it will be crushed due to safety reasons later.

It has been determined, by others higher up the food chain, this car would not be safe even if repaired IAW ICAR standards, and too much labor involved.

I know, I thought of the same, drivetrain in something, maybe an 88 BMW 325iC. Sleeper !! They only weigh 3200#

1 - 4 of 4 Posts