Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to confirm with you 5th Gen guys as to whether or not these two 2010 Camaros are both in Aqua Blue Metalic? The two cars are pictured in various lightening which tends to throw off a different hue. The other Blue for 2010 was Imperial Blue Metalic. Are these the same Aqua Blue Metalic or is one of them Imperial Blue Metalic and if so, which is which? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
From what I remember there were only two blues, light and dark. Not even close, no mistaking them. That’s the one that looks like Lemans blue but not sure what they called it in 2010.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Those rides are the same blue.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for making it clear that I have indeed been looking at the same color of Aqua Blue Metallic! Now another dilemma in that I was going to get a manual transmission car until I drove an auto which has got me reconsidering that decision. Of course for 2010 the autos are 6 gears and don't compare well to the 10 gears of the newer model!

Ps:ckaram, I see you too have an interest in both Camaros and Challengers. In addition to my 69 Camaro I also have a 70 Challenger.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Thanks guys for making it clear that I have indeed been looking at the same color of Aqua Blue Metallic! Now another dilemma in that I was going to get a manual transmission car until I drove an auto which has got me reconsidering that decision. Of course for 2010 the autos are 6 gears and don't compare well to the 10 gears of the newer model!

Ps:ckaram, I see you too have an interest in both Camaros and Challengers. In addition to my 69 Camaro I also have a 70 Challenger.
That's awesome! I'm a big Mopar fan too! I had a 2011 Camaro SS in Inferno Orange with the 6-speed manual. Great car and I love the trans. You can't go wrong either way. Enjoy and post some pics of all your rides!

Also, great site for 5th gen Camaros: Camaro5.com

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sorry late to this thread.
The answer to your question is yes those 2 pics are both of Aqua blue Metallic. It was a 2010 color only and dealers could not order it after November of 2009, and they stopped arriving I think in December of 2009. The ABM color changes depending on the lighting, and the stripe color will also have an affect on the blue. For 2010 it is the rarest (V8) color ( synergy green was the lowest for 2010 but only available in a V6 the first year), about 3903 ABM Camaros left the factory in that color, and when you factor in V8 it cuts that number about in half. and about 1/3 had Manual transmissions. I follow these somewhat closely because it is my favorite color of the 5th gen. A 2010 SS with manual trans, go for about 20k. plus a couple of thousand dollars for a low mile example. The 2010 in ABM with an auto goes for about 17k, again add $ for low miles. If they do not have any mods done to them, they tend to go for a little more as well, since it is getting hard to find 5th gens with little to no mods. Also a 2SS (console gauges) may go for a little more vs a 1SS, and the RS package (halo headlights)may add just a little bit as well. I know of 1 manual car for sale, for around 20-22k, other than that one they are harder to locate the manual. The ABM cars are just hard to find in general. 3903 is not a small number but that was just 3.81% of all 5th gens made.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought the car that's pictured on the lawn - I recognize the house in the background from when I picked it up. Wasn't expecting to see it on this forum!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Very cool congrats. What is the milage, and what were able to get it for? (if you don't mind me asking) also Auto or M6?

·
Registered
431 Posts
That falls in line with other recent sales I have seen.(so good purchase) it looks real clean. Enjoy it. You don't see that color driving around that often. I see more Hot wheels Kinetic blue cars than ABM, and they made half as many of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts